Return to school – Monday 8th March
We are really looking forward to seeing all of our children on Monday 8th March.
Following the announcement that schools will be open to all children, here is a reminder of some key information. The start and end of day times and procedures remain the same, but here is a reminder:-
Blue – Arrive: 8.45am Depart: 3.10pm
Red – Arrive: 8.50am Depart 3.15pm
Yellow – Arrive: 8.55am Depart 3.05pm
Green – Arrive 9.00am Depart 3.00pm
- Please arrive and depart promptly.
- Please ensure you maintain 2m distancing at the start and end of the day – this is so important to keep the class ‘bubbles’ apart. If there happened to be a positive case of Covid19 within school, and the class ‘bubbles’ were not kept apart, then this could lead to school closure – which we do not want to happen.
- Children should only be collected by members of their own family/household or support bubble.
- If you are going to be late collecting, please notify the school.
- Play dates – we are still in a national lockdown and would therefore ask that you do not organise playdates with other children after school.
- Illness / Self Isolating
- Please keep children at home if they are ill.
- If your child is displaying any coronavirus type symptoms, then they need to stay at home and be booked for a coronavirus test.
- Inform the school if your child is self-isolating. Please make it clear whether this is because they are a primary contact of someone who has tested positive, or if they have symptoms and are therefore going for a test.
- Let the school know when the test is booked.
- As soon as the results of a test are known please inform the school via email: email@example.com (out of hours) or a phone call (in hours). This is really important.
- Ensure the school has an accurate email address, as if children are well enough, they will be expected to follow our Remote Learning Policy
Due to the need for prompt arrivals and departures, as well as social distancing, we kindly remind parents that they ring or email the school with any queries. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniform and Belongings
- Children are expected to wear school uniform and shoes. We do encourage them to bring extra layers (fleece) to put on as the classrooms need to be well ventilated at all times and can get very chilly.
- Children can come to school in PE uniform all day on PE days (class teachers will remind you of these days)
- Children must bring in minimal belongings, so just a packed lunch (if required) and water bottle, waterproof coat and reading book, all in ONE bag please.
- Children must bring a coat as we will be getting outside to give the rooms chance to ventilate. They can also bring a change of shoes/wellies to go on the field at break/lunchtimes and these can be in a separate bag.
- Children must have long hair tied up for school and clean hands and nails when they arrive.
Thank you so much for all your support throughout the last 8 weeks. We know that school is still going to be operating in a Covid secure way rather than normal, and we look forward to your continued patience and understanding so that we can keep school as normal as possible for the children, whilst also ensuring it is as safe as possible for all of our school community.
Wrap around care
Hannah is able to provide wrap around care for the children who are attending school. Please contact her if this is required.
Updated Risk Assessment Jan 2021
Child protection Addendum Jan 2021
BEAM is a drop-in service where you can discuss difficulties with mental health. Although it is currently closed, they are offering support via the telephone. For this support, email AskBeam@childrenssociety.org.uk
COVID-19 Latest Updates
I know it is very hard for everyone in making a decision about whether children should be sent to school in the current climate. The attached flow-chart was sent by the LA and might provide useful guidance if your child appears slightly unwell.
I hope that you are well and are looking forward to coming back tomorrow. Please see the letter with a few reminders for the coming week. Do consider that as the temperatures are dropping, children will need to be dressed accordingly. The classrooms must be well ventilated and can therefore feel chilly!
Please click on the tagged link below for more information.
Claverley CE Primary will be fully open to all children on Wednesday 2nd September. It will have a different feel but we are really looking forward to seeing all our wonderful children.
I know that there is a lot of information, but it is vital that everyone is aware of all the changes and guidance – so please do share with other parents, so that we can all work together to ensure that the new school year is a smooth, calm, happy and safe one for all children.
Please do bear with us, as it is all new for school staff too! I am sure that there may be many questions, and we will be here to answer them. Sadly, this will have to be by email or phone mostly, as with the increase in numbers at the start and end of the day, there won’t be opportunity to have the normal face-to-face communication.
Letter sent to all parents with regard to arrangements for returning 2.09.20
Timings for all classes. Please be aware that these will be reviewed to avoid parents waiting around with siblings.
Risk Assessment for returning 2.09.20
Flowchart in the event of children displaying Covid-19 symptoms
Local Authority guidance
Letter from the transport department