We are really looking forward to seeing all of our children on Monday 8th March.
Following the announcement that schools will be open to all children, I thought it would be helpful to remind parents of some key information. The start and end of day times and procedures remain the same, but here is a reminder:-
Blue – Arrive: 8.45am Depart: 3.10pm
Red – Arrive: 8.50am Depart 3.15pm
Yellow – Arrive: 8.55am Depart 3.05pm
Green – Arrive 9.00am Depart 3.00pm
- Please arrive and depart promptly.
- Please ensure you maintain 2m distancing at the start and end of the day – this is so important to keep the class ‘bubbles’ apart. If there happened to be a positive case of Covid19 within school, and the class ‘bubbles’ were not kept apart, then this could lead to school closure – which we do not want to happen.
- Children should only be collected by members of their own family/household or support bubble.
- If you are going to be late collecting, please notify the school.
- Illness / Self Isolating
- Please keep children at home if they are ill.
- If your child is displaying any coronavirus type symptoms, then they need to stay at home and be booked for a coronavirus test.
- Inform the school if your child is self-isolating. Please make it clear whether this is because they are a primary contact of someone who has tested positive, or if they have symptoms and are therefore going for a test.
- Let the school know when the test is booked.
- As soon as the results of a test are known please inform the school via email: email@example.com (out of hours) or a phone call (in hours). This is really important.
- Ensure the school has an accurate email address, as if children are well enough, they will be expected to follow our Remote Learning Policy
Due to the need for prompt arrivals and departures, as well as social distancing, we kindly remind parents that they ring or email the school with any queries. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniform and Belongings
- Children are expected to wear school uniform and shoes. We do encourage them to bring extra layers (fleece) to put on as the classrooms need to be well ventilated at all times and can get very chilly.
- Children can come to school in PE uniform all day on PE days (class teachers will remind you of these days)
- Children must bring in minimal belongings, so just a packed lunch (if required) and water bottle, waterproof coat and reading book, all in ONE bag please.
- Children must bring a coat as we will be getting outside to give the rooms chance to ventilate. They can also bring a change of shoes/wellies to go on the field at break/lunchtimes and these can be in a separate bag.
- Children must have long hair tied up for school and clean hands and nails when they arrive.
Thank you so much for all your support throughout the last 8 weeks. We know that school is still going to be operating in a Covid secure way rather than normal, and we look forward to your continued patience and understanding so that we can keep school as normal as possible for the children, whilst also ensuring it is as safe as possible for all of our school community.