We are very lucky to be able to offer Forest School sessions weekly to our EYFS/Year 1 class. These are led by Mrs Mottram, our qualified Forest School Leader.
Forest School is a unique educational experience and process that offers children the opportunity to succeed and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland environment.
A Forest School encourages children to:
· develop personal and social skills
· work through practical problems and challenges
· use tools to create, build or manage
· discover how they learn best
· pursue knowledge that interests them
· learn how to manage failures
· build confidence in decision making and evaluating risk
· develop practical skills
· understand the benefits of a balanced and healthy lifestyle
· explore connections between humans, wildlife and the earth
· regularly experience achievement and success
· reflect on learning and experiences
· develop their language and communication skills
· improve physical motor skills
· become more motivated
· improve their concentration skills
During our sessions we aim to give children the opportunity to develop self-esteem, independence skills, co-operative working and an awareness of the natural world around them.
The sessions include activities like: den building, making bug hotels, using the mud pit and toasting marshmallows on a fire.